Drink Tequila at Patron’s Hacienda in Chicago
At Patron’s Hacienda we serve tequila in a shot glass, straight up or neat, we also serve tequila flights 4 – 1/2 oz. shots for sampling, and we also mix it into our signature margaritas and specialty drinks, as well as serve it by the bottle to share with family and friends.
There are Six Types of Tequila Available in the World Today:
- Blanco (‘White”) or Plata (‘Silver”) Tequila Blanco is not aged, it is bottled directly after being distilled. Sometimes it is stored for less than 60 days in stainless steel tanks or oak barrels. Oak barrels are used to increase the smoothness of the taste.
- Oro (“Gold”) or , Joven (“Young”) Tequila Joven is a Blanco Tequila with additives such as caramel coloring, oak tree extracts, or glucose. The additives give an “aged” appearance and reduce the harshness.
- Reposado (“Rested”) Tequila Reposado is rested in wood for more than two months, but less than a year. Aging in wood mellows the bitterness or the alcohol and darkens the color while retaining agave flavor.
- Añejo (“Aged”) Tequila Anejo must be aged for more than one year and less than 3 years in sealed oak barrels with a maximum capacity of 600 liters. This aging process develops a more sophisticated taste, a darker color, with pronounced wood flavors and a silkier body.
- Extra Añejo (“Extra Aged’) Tequila Extra Aged is a new classification which began in 2006. It must be aged for more than 3 years in oak barrels with a maximum capacity of 600 liters but usually smaller than 200 liters. Tequila Extra Aged will be full bodied and have a rich flavor with hints of wood, cocoa, and caramel.
- Reserva de Casa & Reserva de la Familia Tequila are limited production single barrel, premium tequila similar to single barrel scotch or bourbon products.
At Patron’s Hacienda we offer the largest collection of Tequila in the Chicago area. Join us for a flight today and choose your favorites. We are open Sunday through Friday 5 pm to 2 am and Saturday from 5 pm to 3 am.